Continental Sport Contact 5
The ultra-high-performance Continental Sport Contact 5 tyre has been developed alongside Continental’s original equipment partners to combine high levels of driving pleasure and safety.
Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres has a ‘Black Chilli’ rubber compound technology. The Black Chilli rubber means grip is substantially enhanced and the tyre is also made more stable. Additionally, special grip resins mean sporty handling, perfect steering precision and reduced braking distances on both wet and dry roads.
Developed to give you the best fuel efficiency, the Sport Contact 5 is a class A fuel rated tyre. The macro-block tread design on the outer edges of the tyre give the Sport Contact 5 a larger contact area with the road which delivers improved road grip and also more safety while driving.
The tyres compound can release the energy from the road easier which reduces rolling road resistance. The tyre therefor remains cooler for longer which also helps deliver higher fuel efficiency and a longer life for the tyre.
Continental Sport Contact 5 reviews
The Sport Contact 5 has also won several tyre tests and received a number of recommendations over the past couple of years including:-
- AutoExpress Annual Summer Tyre Test 2015. The Sport Contact 5 was praised for both its wet and dry braking plus its performance in the aquaplaning test. AutoExpress went further to say “Rarely do we see such a dominant performance in our tests” and “Second win on the trot in our 17-inch test for a remarkable tyre“.
- Auto Bild Allrad magazine 2014 4×4 Summer Tyre Test, Test Winner. Key features were highlighted including excellent dry stopping distance and also precision handling.
- Auto Zeitung SUV Summer Tyre Test 2014 “Test Winner”. The tyre was highlighted as having the best overall performance in the dry plus best braking in both the wet and dry.
- Section Width: 205 – 315 mm
- Rim Diameter: 17 – 22 inch
- Load Rating: 92 – 110
- Speed Rating: H/V/W/Y/ZR
Continental Sport 5 related information
Related: The new Continental SportContact 6
- This tyre replaced the Continental Sport Contact 3
- This tyre has been replaced by the Continental Sport Contact 6
Continental Sport 5 Video
Have a look at the Continental SportContact 5 in action.