Coveted “Best Buy” seals of approval have been awarded to 15 SUV and car tyres by a leading US consumer magazine.
The highly respected Consumer’s Digest rated the tyres based on performance, features, tread life expectancy, warranty and price.
Rich Dzierwa, editor of the bi-monthly magazine, said that the publication doesn’t conduct its own product testing, but relies on the expertise of its writers, independent sources and the stated features of the products for its recommendations.
It’s always interesting how other people rate products we all need to buy and so we are bringing you the list of results in full.
The “Best Buy” tyres categories and winners are:
* All-season car tires: Premium—Goodyear Assurance TripleTread; Midrange—Michelin Harmony; Economy—Dunlop SP 60.
* Touring car tires: Premium—Bridgestone Turanza Serenity; Midrange—Kumho Solus KR21; Economy—General Altimax RT.
* Performance car tires: Premium—Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position; Midrange—Dunlop SP Sport Signature; Economy—Fuzion HRI.
* All-season SUV/truck tires: Premium—Goodyear Fortera TripleTred; Midrange—Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G051; Economy—General Grabber HTS.
* Performance SUV/truck tires: Performance—Michelin Latitude Tour HP; Midrange—Yokohama Geolander H/T-S G052; Economy—Kumho Ecsta STX.
Oliver Hall, Operations Team