By Denna Bowman
Michelin has been confirmed as the supplier of all the new tyres for the new-generation Porsche Panamera, which is set to launch in July.
The French tyre manufacturer has held on to its prestigious role as the sole tyre supplier for the full range of Panamera in all regions where the four-door Porsche is sold.
And thanks to the joint efforts of the Michelin teams and the Porsche engineers, the tyre manufacturer will be supplying the latest model with 12 sizes of new tyres including the summer, winter and all-season ranges.
To achieve this, Michelin worked flat out to have three new tyres ranges certified – Summer, Winter and All Season – in a total of 12 sizes.
Certification: facts and figures:
– 1 tyre manufacturer certified worldwide.
– 12 sizes certified for all driving conditions (Summer, Winter and All Season).
– 3 new tyres tyre ranges all featuring the Porsche N marking (N0 or N1).
– Global tyre coverage for a global car.
– 40% market share for the French tyre maker.
– A two-and-a-half-year co-development project conducted jointly by Michelin teams and Porsche engineers to develop the new tyres
– The MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport is the Summer tyre certified for two different rim diameters.
– The MICHELIN Pilot Alpin 4 is the Winter tyre certified for 19- and 20-inch rims.
– The MICHELIN Pilot Sport All Season Plus is the tyre certified, particularly for the North American market, in two rim diameters: 19- and 20-inches.
Ensuring you have the right tyre for your car is vitally important. etyres supply and fit a wide range of new tyres, including Michelin, to suit all cars, driving styles and budgets.