Customers using our mobile tyres fitting service often reveal they turned to etyres because they are fed up with being ripped off by traditional high street tyre chains and garages.
Common complaints include being told their tyres are illegal and need replacing when they have still got plenty of tread left and being wrongly informed they also need new brake pads, shock absorbers or some other costly add-on.
This is why we’re not surprised by the results of a new survey which reveals that 14 million UK motorists feel ripped off by their garage.
Motor Codes – the government supported regulatory body for the motor industry – quizzed 1,194 motorists across the UK and highlighted the deep-felt mistrust many have for service and repair centres.
These are just a few highlights of their survey of shame for the motor industry:
* Almost half of UK motorists (45%) feel they have been ripped off by garages totalling an approximate 14,063,614 motorists
* Motorists feel out of pocket to the tune of an estimated £2.4 billion
* Young drivers feel most aggrieved with 41% of 16-24 year olds feeling ripped off by local garages on anything between £51 – £150 (compared to 31% of 25-34 year olds)
* Nearly two thirds of over 55s are satisfied with their local garage
* Over a quarter of motorists who feel ripped off by garages think they’ve lost out by between £51 and £150, while 5% felt they had been ripped off on amounts higher than £300.
Alex Kapadia, Operations Team