Bridgestone Tyres, working in collaboration with the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), have announced the launch of the “Make Cars Green” campaign.
The aim of the global campaign is to lessen the environmental impact of motoring by highlighting fuel-saving driving techniques. The essence of the campaign is built around 10 points for greener motoring. Bridgestone will give more specific details in June, but the basic outline stresses the need for thoughtful, fuel-efficient motoring.
The ten points are:
- – Buy Green
- – Plan your journey
- – Check tyre pressures frequently
- – Reduce loads and avoid the need for roof racks
- – Don’t warm up your engine before starting off
- – Use air conditioning only when necessary
- – Accelerate gently and keep your speed constant
- – Use engine braking
- – Don’t idle your engine
- – Offset your CO2 emissions
Bridgestone are the latest tyre manufacturers’ to acknowledge the growing concerns with the environmental impact of motoring, which they have described as; “one of the most critical issues of our time”. The tyre group has stated that it intends to expand and enhance its efforts to preserve a safe environment for future generations.