At etyres we are committed to protecting your privacy online.
The website is owned by etyres Ltd and the Data Controller is the Data Protection Office who may be contacted at the address below. The Data Controller is responsible for and controls the processing of your personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), PCI-DSS, and European data protection legislation. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is Z8037079.
We can only provide the goods and services ordered or requested by you if you provide us with your personal data. For the purpose of providing these goods and services, we collect personal data about you. The types of personal information we may collect from you and which you may provide to us includes:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, delivery address, email address and mobile or other phone number)
- age and date of birth
- username and password
- vehicle make, model and registration
- purchase history
- product preferences
- where you heard about us
- IP address
- correspondence between us
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
We may use your email address to send you information about products or services that are the same as or similar to those that you have ordered from us and that we think you may find useful. We will do so only if you have indicated that you do not mind being contacted for these purposes. At any stage you have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the email or emailing your request to email@example.com.
Furthermore your personal data may be used to:
- administer your account with us
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online
- audit the downloading of data from our website
- enhance and improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users
- identify visitors to our website
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data
- respond to your enquiries
- request a review or feedback to help us monitor our service and understand our customers needs
- communicate with you about and administer your participation in, special events, prize promotions and surveys
- comply with applicable legal requirements
If you sign up to receive our newsletter or marketing communications, we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. At any stage you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the email or emailing your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may also monitor who accesses our website, for example we may automatically collect access information about you, such as: the type of internet browser you use; the website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. Such information enables us to:
- address and build a profile of our users
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties other than:
- to other companies within our group
- our Franchise Owners
- if we sell our business to a third party
- informing you of offers or products that we think may be of interest to you
- to protect our customers and us from fraud
- in any case where we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person
- if we need to disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information
- our carefully selected partners for the purposes of communicating with you
We never sell, trade or otherwise circulate your personal information for marketing or commercial purposes. We only share your personal data with the companies who have a need to know information in order to perform their responsibilities. To enable us to provide you with the best customer experience, we may use third parties to assist us providing support services and analytics services.
We require all third parties we share your information with to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. All the companies we share your data with are GDPR compliant.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
When someone visits etyres.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way, which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Customer feedback is very important to us because it helps us maintain a high standard of service and continually improve our business model. We use Trustpilot as a data processor to assist with collecting feedback from our customers on our behalf. Trustpilot sends out review invitations and collects feedback from our customers. The reviews are posted on the Trustpilot website. Trustpilot deletes all review invitation data after three years. We can request a customer’s data is removed from these services.
To facilitate our live chat function, allowing us to provide you with real-time expert and impartial advise about the products and services we offer. We provide a live chat facility to enable you to ask questions and receive help while using our website. Chat logs and general user location and web analytics information are stored by our third party processor Zendesk to enable us to assist historical questions relating to your help request or order.
For the purposes of online advertising.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have put in place technology and security policies, which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect or personal information under our control against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We will use the following technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes it was obtained for. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, eg fulfilling your order, accounting. However, the longest we will normally hold any personal data for is seven years.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information whilst it is in transit via the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. We will use all our reasonable efforts to safeguard your data and ensure that we maintain a reliable and safe environment to use your data.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others so not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
You have the right to view, amend or delete the personal information which we may hold or process about you. We will respond to your request promptly and at the latest within one month of receipt. We will supply a copy of the information you request free of charge. However, we may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
Email your request to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Our contact details
You may also write to us at:
Lower Court 3,
Copley Hill Business Park,