Goodyear Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2
A very popular ultra high-performance summer tyre designed to deliver shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads. The achieves this thanks to its ActiveBraking Technology, which increases tyre contact with the road as you apply the brakes.
When pitted against leading competitors, the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 delivered a significant three metre shorter braking distance on wet roads and two metres shorter on dry roads.
However, despite its enduring popularity, the Goodyear Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2 is due an upgrade. Although it remains a sound choice, it has slipped down from its pole position on the tyre test leader board as standards have risen and newer, improved tyres have arrived on the scene.
Goodyear Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2 benefits
- Goodyear’s FuelSaving Technology reduces fuel costs and CO2 emissions
- Low weight construction means the tyre requires less energy to roll, while the silica compound reduces heat generation
- High-surface silica compound enhances grip, improving handling on wet and dry roads
Goodyear Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2 accolades
Shortly after its introduction in 2011, the multi award winning Goodyear Eagle 1 Asymmetric 2 was chosen as a factory-fitted tyre for the highly dynamic Mercedes-Benz CLS.
- Section Width: 205 – 215 mm
- Rim Diameter: 16 – 18 inch
- Load Rating: 40 – 45
Speed Rating: Y