“Could not ask for better service, will never buy my new tyres from garage again!”
Mr M Cross, South Shields – 27 January 2014
“Superb mobile tyre fitting service, plus the cheapest tyres I could find in South Shields. Tyre fitter was also very professional and explained the procedures to me. Excellent service from start to finish.”
Mr Lowe, Hebburn – 20th September 2013. Goodyear tyres on a Kia Sedona.
“The etyres home fitting service is a god send! No more down-time when I get a flat tyre!”
Miss Ashborne, Cleadon – 19th September 2013. Puncture repair on Nissan Micra.
“I was looking for tyres in South Shields and stumbled upon etyres. I was delighted with every aspect of their service and couldn’t believe they could fit tyres at my home address for less than I could get them at my local garage!”
Mrs Clifford, Jarrow – 4th February 2013. Kenda tyres on a Renault Clio.
“Had a set of winter tyres fitted to my Mondeo in November and have felt safe and confident doing the school run through our unpredictable British winter! Many thanks to etyres for a cost-effective, convenient service”
Mrs Purvis, South Shields – 24th January 2013. Winter tyres for a Ford Mondeo.
|Tell us about your etyres experience|
etyres was the first online mobile tyres and battery retailer in the UK and has been operating a popular branch in South Shields, Jarrow, Hebburn, Sunderland and the surrounding areas since June 2007. We operate a free mobile tyre and battery fitting service, which means that we come to you and fit your tyres at time and location of your choice – at your home or workplace – so you don’t have to waste your time in a garage waiting for your tyres to be changed. Thousands of customers have returned time after time for car, van, 4×4, motorbike, caravan, runflat and light truck tyres, because of our fast and convenient service.
etyres South Shields also offer highly competitive prices for all tyres, including economy, mid-range and premium brands, such as Bridgestone and Michelin. Our busy branch also carry out puncture repairs and supply and fit vehicle batteries to customers in South Shields and the surrounding areas, including North Shields, Wallsend and Jarrow.
Our service is very popular in the traditional seaside town of South Shields, which is steeped in rich history. The birthplace of popular author Catherine Cookson, many of her novels are believed to have been inspired by her deprived childhood in the area.
Nobody looks forward to the prospect of driving in winter, fogged up windscreens, lashing rain, roads like ice rinks – these conditions are enough to send shivers down anyones spine. But it is precisely why it is very important to ensure that your tyres and also your driving skills can cope with whatever conditions appear on the road in front of you.
At this time of year the leading tyre manufacturers offer sound advice to help motorists stay safe behind the wheel.
Continental tyres urge motorists to:
* Check tyres for wear often and replace if necessary. The legal limit for tread depth on tyres is 1.6mm, but safety experts recommend a minimum of 3mm for wet weather safety. Ensuring tyres are correctly inflated will also improve your cars handling as well as saving you money
* Plan ahead and allow enough time to get to your destination
* Ensure you have the correct tyre pressure and tread depth
* Book your car in for a winter service and keep up maintenance
* Use antifreeze in the radiator of your car and in your windscreen wash
* Keep windscreens and mirrors clean to avoid glare of a low winter sun
* Keep your battery fully charged and replace if it becomes unreliable
While, Bridgestone tyres advise motorists to hone their driving skills:
* Test your traction. It is important to regularly test how much traction you can count on in case you have to brake or swerve suddenly. Gently apply the brake every now and again and slow down, if needed, in response to changing road conditions.
* Turn in stages – when cornering on snow or icy surfaces, break down the manoeuvre into smaller steps. Brake first, in a straight line, before making the turn. And accelerate gradually after straightening back up. That way, you use all the available grip to make the turn.
* Forget the cruise control – in wet or icy conditions, you constantly need to adapt your speed to the conditions. Switch off the cruise control and maintain manual control of acceleration and deceleration at all times.
Of course, for the ultimate peace of mind, Continental and Bridgestone recommend drivers switch to winter tyres, because tests have proved that the braking distance of summer tyres can be almost three times longer than that of winter tyres on snow and even in less extreme conditions, winter tyres offer greatly enhanced response, precision and control than their summer counterparts.
etyres South Shields supply and fit a wide range of tyres – including winter tyres – to suit all budgets and our highly competitive prices are always low thanks to our Discount Promise, which means you get £25 off it you order four new tyres and £10 off if you buy two or three new tyres.
The cold and wet weather has really arrived now and if you are feeling it, spare a thought for your poor old car battery, especially if it is more than five years old.
Low temperatures are tough on car batteries, especially when you add up all the additional demands placed on them during the winter months it is no wonder so many just die and leave vehicle owners stranded. Imagine how much power the lights, heater, even the heated windscreens and seat warmers, drain from the battery, not to mention the satnav’s and smart phones.
The shelf-life for a car battery is around five years and after that it cannot be relied upon to get vehicles started on cold mornings. There are tell-tale signs to look out for that indicate a car battery is on its last legs, for example, sluggish starting and dimmer lights when the engine turns over, both of which should prompt motorists to order a replacement.
etyres South Shields also recommend you follow these steps to give your battery a boost during the cold winter months:
* If your engine does not start first time, operate the starter in ten second bursts and then turn the ignition off for 30 seconds, before trying again
* If your car won’t start or feels lethargic when you turn the key, then you could well have a flat battery. The way to check is by switching on your headlights. If they’re weak or they don’t work, then your car battery is flat
* Turn off any electrical accessories as soon as they are no longer required. Heated rear windscreens tend to work in conjunction with heated mirrors and consume a lot of electrical energy
etyres South Shields supply and fit a wide range of batteries to suit every vehicle and our highly competitive prices include fitting, disposal of the old battery and VAT – plus every car battery we supply and fit comes with a three year guarantee.
Our customers also benefit from our mobile service which means you can have your new car battery fitted at your home or work – which is even more convenient if the vehicle will not start due to a flat battery!