When it comes to taking tips on winter driving you won’t go far wrong if you follow the advice offered by Continental tyres, widely regarded as a market leader in the industry.
The German tyre manufacturer recommends you:
* Check tyres for wear often and replace if necessary. The legal limit for tread depth on tyres is 1.6mm, but safety experts recommend a minimum of 3mm for wet weather safety. Ensuring tyres are correctly inflated will also improve your cars handling as well as saving you money
* Plan ahead and allow enough time to get to your destination
* Ensure you have the correct tyre pressure and tread depth
* Book your car in for a winter service and keep up maintenance
* Use antifreeze in the radiator of your car and in your windscreen wash
* Keep windscreens and mirrors clean to avoid glare of a low winter sun
* Keep your battery fully charged and replace if it becomes unreliable
* Keep lights clean and check bulbs regularly
etyres supply and fit a wide range of winter tyres to suit all budgets, including economy, mid-range and all the premium brands, including Continental, which produces winter tyres in 200 sizes. etyres Discount Promise means its customers benefit from low prices including a generous £25 off when they order a full set of four winter tyres for their vehicle.