Bridgestone tyres are continuing to support and promote the Make Cars Green campaign throughout 2010.
The Japanese tyres manufacturer, which has backed the global environmental campaign since 2008, is acting in conjunction with the Formula One drivers.
The Make Cars Green campaign aims to reduce the effect of cars on the environment by informing drivers of how to drive in a more environmentally friendly way.
In partnership with automobile associations around the world, Bridgestone Corporation and the Bridgestone Group are calling on drivers to observe the “10 points for greener motoring”.
1. Buy green
2. Plan your journey
3. Check tyre pressure frequently
4. Reduce loads and avoid the need for roof racks
5. Don’t warm up your engine before starting off
6. Use air conditioning only when necessary
7. Accelerate gently and keep your speed constant
8. Use engine braking
9. Don’t idle your engine
10. Offset your CO2 emissions
Bridgestone will supply Make Cars Green tyres to all the Formula One teams at ever race during the 2010 season as the official supplier of the Formula One World Championship.
Alex Kapadia, Operations Team